- Information concerning the collection of personal information
(2) The data controller as per Art. 4(7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the person or enterprise organising the event. Below you will find the data controller's contact information and, if appropriate, that of the company's data protection officer:
Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety
Stresemannstraße 128 - 130
10117 Berlin Germany
Phone: +49 (0)30 18 305-0
Fax: +49 (0)228 99 305-3225
On behalf of the organiser, the technical implementation of this service has been realised by us
Neumann&Müller GmbH & Co.KG
Tel.: +49 711 305 29 100
You can contact our company data protection officer at the above contact address with a letter addressed to "The Data Protection Officer" or by e-mail at: datenschutz(at)neumannmueller.com. Please note that with respect to running the website and carrying out the event, the organiser is the data controller within the meaning of the data protection laws. Any queries we receive regarding the event will be forwarded to the organiser.
(3) If you contact the data controller through the event website, either by e-mail or using a contact form, the data you provide (your e-mail address and possibly your telephone number) will be stored by the data controller so that he/she can answer your questions and process your request. The data controller will delete the data generated in connection with this process once storage is no longer necessary for the purpose concerned or when any statutory obligations to retain such data come to an end.
- Your rights
You have the right
- to object to processing of your data and to revoke at any time any consent you have given to process your personal data.
- to receive information concerning your data stored with the data controller.
- to have incorrect data about your person corrected.
- to have data about your person deleted if it is no longer necessary.
- under certain conditions to have processing of your data restricted. This can be the case, for example, if erasure is not possible but the data may no longer be processed.
- to data portability. This right applies in particular if you have given your consent to process your data or if processing of the data is necessary for the performance of a contract. The right to data portability shall not apply if your data is processed in the context of the fulfilment of statutory obligations.
Please contact the data controller regarding the exercising of your rights.
If you are of the opinion that the processing of your data violates statutory requirements, you can also lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority.
In certain cases, the data controller may request additional information from you to establish your identity and ensure that information is not released to unauthorised persons.
- Collecting personal data upon visiting the event website
(1) If you use our website for information purposes only, that is to say if you do not transmit information to the data controller in any other way, only the personal data that your browser transmits to the server will be processed when you visit this website. If you wish to view the website, the following data will be collected. These are required for technical reasons to display the website to you, to provide the services made available through the site as well as to ensure stability and security:
– IP address
– Date and time of your request
– Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Content of your request (specific page)
– Access status/HTTP status code
– Volume of transferred data
– Website from which the request originates
– Operating system and its user interface
– Language and version of the browser software.
The legal basis for processing personal data is Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR, whereby the legitimate interest of the data controller lies in the secure, stable, efficient provision of the website's functions and of the information accessed through such functions. Article 6(1)(b) GDPR is the legal basis if the data controller is fulfilling a contractual obligation owed to you by providing this website.
Cookies are used to make the website more user-friendly, to optimise functions and services and to provide you with customised content.
The user data collected by means of technically necessary cookies are not used to generate user profiles.
Furthermore, with your separate consent, cookies can be used to provide external media such as films and maps as well as for the analysis of use of the website.
The user data collected in this way are pseudonymised by technical means. Data therefore cannot be used to identify the user accessing the website. Data will not be combined with other personal data pertaining to the user.
The legal basis for processing personal data using technically necessary cookies is Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR, whereby the legitimate interest of the data controller lies in the secure, stable, efficient provision of the website's functions and of the information accessed through such functions. Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR is the legal basis if the data controller is fulfilling a contractual obligation owed to you by providing the function concerned, for example participation in a digital event booked by you.
Article 6(1)(a) GDPR is the legal basis for processing personal data using cookies for the purpose of analysis if the user has given corresponding consent.
- Other functions
(1) As well as using the website purely for information purposes, you can also access further functions and offers that may be of interest to you. To do so, you will usually have to give further personal data that are used to provide the service or function concerned and to which the above data processing principles apply.
(2) In some cases, in connection with the technical running and maintenance of the website, the data controller employs external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned. They are obliged to follow the instructions of the data controller and are subjected to regular reviews. If service providers or partners are located in a state outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), the data controller will inform you of this circumstance.
(5) Users may be given the opportunity of a personalised login on the website. This will be the case in the event of participation in a digital event and subsequent use of the website under a pseudonym assigned to the user's login data. This allows the organiser to see who uses this website and, for example, has also published a contribution when using the interactive functions, to the extent that the identity of the person is not apparent from the content of the contribution.
If the user has given consent, the legal basis for processing data in connection with a personalised login is Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR or Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR if the login is for the purpose of performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or to take steps prior to entering into a contract.
- Third-party services and functions
- a) 3Q SDN
The data controller may have integrated the 3Q SDN SaaS platform on this website for the purpose of showing video content. 3Q SDN is a platform for the processing and distribution of video content and associated services. The 3Q platform processes data for the purpose of use of the audio-visual content provided by the data controller.
3Q GmbH, Kurfürstendamm 102, 10711 Berlin is the operator of 3Q SDN.
3Q places a cookie on your computer (see above). Providing the cookie enables 3Q to analyse use of the video content. As part of this technical process, 3Q receives knowledge of personal data such as the IP address of the data subject, which enables 3Q, among other things, to carry out use analyses concerning use of the audio-visual content. As a rule, the personal data forwarded to 3Q is the:
- IP address
- user agent
- and data required for statistical purposes.
3Q's applicable data protection guidelines can be accessed at https://www.3qsdn.com/de/datenschutz_und_richtlinien. The legal basis for the processing of personal data is the data controller's legitimate interest as per Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR in providing interesting and attractive video content as well as the attractive design and optimisation of the video content and broadcasting technologies. Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR is the legal basis if the content is provided for the purpose of fulfilling the data controller's contractual obligations. Article 6(1)(a) GDPR is the legal basis if the technology is used with your consent.
- b) Pusher
- c) Cloudflare
The legal basis for the processing of data at Cloudflare outside the EU is a DPA in consideration of the EU standard contractual clauses.
- Right to object
(1) If processing of your personal data is based on the balancing of interests, you can lodge an objection against the processing. This is especially the case if processing is not necessary to fulfil a contract with you. If you choose to lodge such an objection, the data controller will ask you to specify the reasons why your personal data should not be processed. You may of course object to the processing of your personal data for advertising, market research and data analytics purposes at any time.
- Storage period
Unless otherwise stated in the respective specific notifications, the data controller will process personal data in line with the statutory regulations for the purposes outlined here and only for as long as personal identification of the data subject is necessary for the purpose concerned. The personal data will then be erased or neutralised/anonymised in line with the provisions of the data protection laws.
- Linked content / share functions
This website may contain links to third-party websites. The privacy policies and data protection notices of the operator of the linked websites apply. The operator concerned is responsible for the data processing practices on third-party platforms.